Adult Sunday School
Join us at 9:45 a.m. for any of our Sunday School Classes. Our College & Career and Adult Sunday School Classes are listed below (Youth are also welcome to attend). Check out our Children’s classes here.
Five Lies That Ruin Relationships – Video Class
Taught by: Jay Hester
Location: Office Building Conference Room
Have you ever looked back over a situation or relationship in your life and wondered how it became so messy or difficult? In this Sunday school class, We will be using Chip Ingrams’ video series “Five Lies That Ruin Relationships,” we’ll define five of the most common lies that have the potential to ruin relationships with those we love. We’ll also uncover the source of quarreling, how our words wound, and how not to make decisions. And together, we’ll ask and answer the question: do wrong beliefs produce wrong behavior? We will discover that when we confront the lies we believe, there is power in knowing and applying God’s truth to our relationships.
Facilitated by: Chris Madore
This class will be a study of the book of Ephesians to fortify and establish us in fulfilling the purpose and the calling of God. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.”
- Sept. 29, 2019, Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 20, 2019, Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 27, 2019, Audio [mp3 file]
- Nov. 03, 2019, Audio [mp3 file]
- Nov. 10, 2019, Audio [mp3 file]
Gospel Discourses of Jesus
Taught by: Richard Ohendalski
Location: Fellowship Hall (Gym) Banquet Room
We will study the major gospel discourses of Jesus as recorded by the four evangelists and also look at commentary on such discourses by latter New Testament writers.
- Aug. 19, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Aug. 25, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 1, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 8, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 15, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 6, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 13, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 20, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Nov. 3, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
- Nov. 10, 2019 Audio [mp3 file]
The Four Priorities
Taught by: C.F. Hazlewood
This class will focus on step-by-step discipleship training. When one completes the class not only will they know the basics of the Christian Life, but one will be equipped to disciple another person.
The Way of Discipleship—How do we become disciples?
Taught by: Monte Robinson
This class will be built around the phrase “teaching them everything I commanded” in the Great Commission. Therefore we will examine the discipleship principles in the four Gospels. We will be writing curriculum for the duration of the class to be used in the future by various ministries. Class participants are invited to help write the curriculum by writing open-ended questions for the many principles that will be given in the class.
This following PDF link will direct one to the most revised, total work for the class (handouts). This work is a rough-draft and will be edited in the future. Print the pages from the book that you desire.
Recordings and Visuals
- Aug. 18, 2019, Intro to the class Audio [mp3 file] // PowerPoint
- Aug. 25, 2019, Great Commission Audio [mp3 file] // PowerPoint
- Sept. 1, 2019, Love of God Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 8, 2019, Love of People Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 15, 2019, Love is Proper Motives Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 22, 2019, Love is Proper Motives Audio [mp3 file]
- Sept. 29, 2019, Pitfalls of the Faith Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 13, 2019, Grace Audio [mp3 file]
- Oct. 27, 2019, Holiness Audio [mp3 file]
- Nov. 3, 2019, Unforgiveness Audio [mp3 file]
- Nov. 10, 2019, Gossip [No Audio Available]